There are presently no open calls for submissions.
UCROSS RESIDENCY PROGRAM
**Due to the COVID-19 outbreak we will only be accepting applications for the Ucross Fellowship for Native American Visual Artists for the Spring 2021 session. The deadline for this call is September 15, 2020.
The next open call for general studio residencies will be for the Fall 2021 session which is scheduled to begin accepting applications in November.**
- ELIGIBILITY: The Residency Program is open to visual artists, writers, composers, choreographers, interdisciplinary artists, performance artists and collaborative teams. Applicants must exhibit professional standing in their field; both mature and emerging artists of promise are welcome to apply.
- ADMISSIONS: Residents are chosen by a rotating panel of professionals in the arts and humanities. Final awards of residencies are at the discretion of the Ucross Foundation. Only completed applications with 2 required reference letters will be reviewed.
- APPLICATION DEADLINES: September 1 for residencies within the Spring Session (February to early June) and March 1 for residencies within the Fall Session (August to early December).
- SESSION SCHEDULE: Notification of the status of your application takes 8-10 weeks. While every effort is made to accommodate applicant's scheduling requests, we are not always able to grant first choices. Please indicate flexibility and restrictions on your application. If you are accepted for a time you are not available, please contact the Residency Director. A scheduling change could occur to your advantage.
- REFERENCES: Each applicant is responsible for requesting two letters of reference from qualified individuals who are familiar with his or her work. Applicants must provide the name and email address for two references. When your application is submitted, each reference will receive an email with instructions on how to submit their letter. The deadline for application submission is either March 1 or September 1. Your reference writers will have 7 days following the corresponding deadline to submit their letters. (Letter deadlines are March 7 or September 7)
- REAPPLICATION: Artists who have applied in the past, including previous residents and those who had Alternate status, must submit new and complete applications to be considered for another session, including recent work samples and reference letters. An artist may return to Ucross after three years have elapsed since his or her previous residency. (You would be able to reapply in 2 ½ years).
- COLLABORATION: If applying as a collaborative team, both or all artists need to submit separate applications along with a joint project proposal. Your work samples may be individual or collaborative. Please indicate in the proposal what requirements you have for workspace.
- COUPLES: Couples composed of two artists may apply individually for concurrent residencies with the understanding that one might be accepted and the other not. Every artist accepted for a residency will be offered a private studio. The Foundation is unable to invite spouses or partners to accompany artists-in-residence under any other circumstance.